Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Blogging in 2011!!

It's a new year and time for changes! I am new at this blogging thing, so bare with me :) I look forward to 'following' many of our close friends and family and keeping them posted on what's new and happening in our lives.
Jon and I rang in the new year with Jon's brother Dan and his wife Angie at their Taylorsville home. We watched a few movies, but I was quickly reminded I am not a hyped up youngin anymore, when 1:30AM came and I was more than ready to go home and hit the hay!
Chris and Shannon Durr joined us just in time to watch the ball drop in Times Square (via television of course)! Probably the quietest New Year celebration we have had...ever! But it was a nice change of pace.
A few friends and I chose to train for my second, and for some the first, marathon in San Diego this June! I have also given up soda completely to help attain the goal! We've been hitting the gym hard and can't wait until the traffic dies down. Apparently everyones resolution is to achieve optimal physical fitness. Who knew? ;)
School starts again soon for us both and we are eager to do well and finish as soon as possible. Jon is continuing his major in accounting, and I am continuing my path to becoming a dental hygienist.
Well, more posts to follow, but that's all for now! Happy New Year all!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, at work I was joking about how our sales are going to go way down, especially drink sales, because everyone has a New Years Resolution to lose weight... and I was like "Ya, but they will pick up again probably by March..." haha since that is usually when my New Years Resolutions would die! lol But I have noticed the small gym I have been going to since August has been SUPER packed since New Years, it is driving me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet! Jon and I snuck in some Taco Bell to the movie theater last night haha. Sooo good! I made that my cheat day and ran five miles today to make up for it! I'm already so sore, tomorrow is going to be horrible! haha. At some point, I still need to get into swimming. I haven't gone actual swimming for exercise purposes in.....a very very long time.

    ReplyDelete