Thursday, June 2, 2011

IT'S A BOY! IT'S A BOY! IT'S A BOOOOYYYYY!

IT'S A BOY!!! And we could not be more thrilled! Jon and I had a feeling it would be, but as for the rest of my family and co-workers, I think it was a BIG surprise! My mom met us at the clinic for the ultrasound and she was SO excited and baffled that you could see so much nowadays! Since I am her youngest and am almost 26, it was quite the progress from the print out she was used to! She was so amazed to see the baby live right there on the TV! I don't know what was more fun, finding out the gender, or watching her react to it all!
Just a few days before I knew the gender, my generous step-mother took me on a girls retreat to Scottsdale Arizona where we were totally spoiled! Pool side service, free tennis, delicious dining, table side guac, and SO MUCH SHOPPING! She took me on a huge shopping spree where she bought me a ton of maternity clothing, and sprung for the cutest Juicy purse ever! It was such a steal, we couldn't resist! This trip was just what I needed and I am so grateful for her generosity and selflessness! I am truly blessed with an amazing family!
This week Jon's parents are in town, and they have been so so helpful! Jon and his dad have been working non-stop on the framing of our basement! I can't believe how quickly they have been able to get everything up! Jon's mom has been spoiling me too! We went shopping to pick out some fabric for the baby's room for the drapery. We lucked out way fast, and found the most adorable print! We ended up using some baby bedding from Target for the valance, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. She can sew better than most people I know, and I am confident it will be great!
THEN my sweet neighbor/friend made me the most adorable baby blanket THE DAY she found out what we were having! What an over-achiever! Of course, we're not complaining! Again, so lucky to have such great friends and family!
We are eager to get the nursery going, and so far we've got our crib, changing table, glider and ottoman, and bedding, and now drapes! Just need to find a dresser, the right shade of paint, and do the wainscoting, and it will be great! Take a look at our inspiration for the room :) We want the color scheme to be blue, brown, green, and white!


8 comments:

  1. I'm just as excited to see your basement as I am to see the nursery! :) It is all going to look so good! And I'm jealous of your AZ retreat. I need that...mostly just the sunshine! F utah. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmy gosh this is so cute! I love your color scheme of course! and the wainscoting is going to look awesome! I am so happy you are having a boy! i miss you so much and i can't wait to see your nursery! i am glad i know the color scheme now so i can start making you something for your nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool nurseries! Good luck to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I love it!!! I'm so excited for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! Sara, I miss you! I feel like you've been gone forever, and Cristi we need to get togehter SOON, and Rach, haven't seen you longer than I havent seen Sara, and you live here... hahah maybe once you get married :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I love the pink/brown or blue/brown etc combinations! I am definitely going to steal this idea when it comes time! SORRY!! Heads up now! haha! :) Congrats! I am super excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, all I do is copy! I am not very creative so I look google other people's ideas and hope it works!!

    ReplyDelete